Experimento in Germany
- Experimento deployed in schools since 2012
- Tailored to the state curriculum of all federal states in Germany, offered in primary schools (Experimento I 8+) and secondary schools (Experimento I 10+)
- Teacher training currently conducted at 12 Experimento Centers in Germany
- Knowledge transfer based on the multiplier principle
- Emphasis on value formation and inclusion
- Around 1,180 educators have received training
- Around 103,500* children reached
* The number assumes that every instructed kindergarten or elementary school teacher shares the knowledge 5 times with one group or class, and a subject teacher shares it 5 times with two classes.
Teachers take part in training seminars to familiarize themselves with Experimento and the program materials at special Experimento Centers. This includes tips on how the program can be implemented in classroom lessons. At the end of the training, these teachers pass on what they have learned to colleagues at nearby schools, who in turn put Experimento to use in their own classrooms.
There are currently 14 Experimento Centers in Germany:
- Experiments with values Researchers from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) have expanded the experimentation phase of Experimento | 8+ and Experimento I 10+ to include value formation methods.
- Inclusive teaching materials Through cooperation with the iMINT-Akademie from Berlin’s Senate Department of Education, Youth, and Science and the state teacher training Landesinstitut für Schulqualität und Lehrerbildung Sachsen-Anhalt (LISA), a wide range of Experimento materials for inclusive teaching have been created for primary and secondary schools.
- Combination with Service-Learning Building upon Experimento lesson content, we worked with the Freudenberg Foundation on developing additional materials and online training for Service-Learning in STEM subjects.
- Materials for language-sensitive lessons Worksheets for subject teaching in English have been developed for Experimento I 8+ and Experimento I 10+ to help students as they learn specialized language. Additional materials for German and English lessons are available within the language learning software KIKUS digital.
Would you like to implement Experimento at your school? Apply for a teacher training seminar at one of our Experimento Centers.
Would you like to order experimentation materials?
Materials for Experimento | 4+, | 8+, and | 10+ are available for purchase in the online shop of teaching outfitter Arnulf Betzold GmbH (www.betzold.de/experimento).