Experimento in Germany
- Experimento deployed in schools since 2012
- Tailored to the state curriculum of all federal states in Germany, offered in primary schools (Experimento I 8+) and secondary schools (Experimento I 10+)
- Training for teachers currently conducted at 15 Experimento Centers in Germany
- Knowledge transfer based on the multiplier principle
- Emphasis on value formation and inclusion
- Around 1,260 educators have received training
- Around 100,600* children and young people reached
* The number assumes that every instructed kindergarten or elementary school teacher shares the knowledge 5 times with one group or class, and a subject teacher shares it 5 times with two classes.
Teachers take part in training seminars to familiarize themselves with Experimento and the program materials at Experimento Centers. This includes tips on how the program can be implemented in classroom lessons. At the end of the training, these teachers pass on what they have learned to colleagues at nearby schools, who in turn put Experimento to use in their own classrooms.
There are currently 15 Experimento Centers in Germany:
- Experiments with values Scientific experts from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) have expanded the experimentation phase of Experimento | 8+ and Experimento I 10+ to include value formation methods.
- Inclusive teaching materials Through cooperation with the iMINT-Akademie from Berlin’s Senate Department of Education, Youth, and Family and the state teacher training Landesinstitut für Schulqualität und Lehrerbildung Sachsen-Anhalt (LISA), a wide range of Experimento materials for inclusive teaching have been created for primary and secondary schools.
- Combination with Service-Learning Building upon Experimento lesson content, we worked with the Freudenberg Foundation (since 2017 with the off-shoot Stiftung Lernen durch Engagement (Foundation for Learning through Civic Engagement)) on developing additional materials and online training for Service-Learning in STEM subjects.
- Materials for language-sensitive lessons Worksheets for subject teaching in English have been developed for Experimento I 8+ and Experimento I 10+ to help students as they learn specialized language. Additional materials for German and English lessons are available within the language learning software KIKUS digital.
Would you like to implement Experimento at your school? Apply for a teacher training seminar at one of our Experimento Centers.
Please note: Due to the current coronavirus situation, all seminars have been postponed until further notice. We will provide updates on this site as the situation develops. In the meantime, you are welcome to add your name to the waiting list.
You can access the online module of the Experimento | 8+ training course at any time – participation in a certification seminar is not required.
Would you like to order experimentation materials?
Materials for Experimento | 4+, | 8+, and | 10+ are available for purchase in the online shop of teaching outfitter Arnulf Betzold GmbH (www.betzold.de/experimento).