Press releases & news
Press releases | Education 09.12.2016
Workshop schulentwicklung.digital to support "Education in the Digital World" Strategy of the Standing Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs
Foundations have selected around 40 schools from all states for the workshop schulentwicklung.digital to enable them to pool their experience as pioneers of digital education which in turn can be harnessed for other schools.
The foundations in the Forum Bildung Digitalisierung (Education and Digitalization Forum) have selected 38 schools from across the whole of Germany for the schulentwicklung.digital workshop. The foundations believe that the findings could make an invaluable contribution towards implementing the strategy of the Standing Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs entitled "Education in the Digital World" which was adopted today.
The workshop schulentwicklung.digital will bring together schools which have already begun to change their education and teaching culture in response to the requirements of learning in an increasingly digitalized world so that they can work together. They will be able to pool their experience and jointly decide which areas of development will be key to ensuring that digital education is successfully implemented in schools.
The foundations welcome the Standing Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs' strategy: "These days, students are able to access a broad range of information anytime, anywhere", says Uta-Micaela Dürig, CEO of the Robert Bosch Stiftung. "In order to process and classify that information properly, children are relying on the knowledge that they acquire at school more than ever before." The mandatory framework of skills that the Standing Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs has set out in its strategy also takes this into account. With the workshop schulentwicklung.digital we want to make a contribution to the implementation of that strategy by bringing together schools that have already been forging ahead and are in a position to provide some great ideas."
The workshop schulentwicklung.digital will be launched at the beginning of 2017 and will initially last for one year. During that time, the schools will meet up on several occasions both as an entire network and in smaller working groups in order to come up with responses to fundamental implementation issues. The workshop schulentwicklung.digital will be overseen by an academic advisory committee, and the findings will be presented at a conference at the end of the year.
To be selected for the workshop, schools had to demonstrate that they had made progress in terms of educational development and were willing to openly discuss their own success stories but also their failures and areas in need of development. In order to ensure that any knowledge gained is easily transferable, it was also important to make sure that the schools had been shaping the change under conditions comparable to those of other schools. Finally, the schools selected also had to be representative of the diverse range of school systems available, with participating schools from all states and all the main types of school: from elementary schools to comprehensive schools, secondary schools, vocational schools, grammar schools and special-needs schools. (An overview of all the participating schools can be found below.)
The Forum Bildung Digitalisierung is a joint initiative of the Deutsche Telekom Stiftung, the Bertelsmann Stiftung, the Robert Bosch Stiftung and the Siemens Stiftung. It is being sponsored by Stiftung Mercator. Their activities are aimed at answering one question: How can digital media help meet educational challenges? With their initiative, the foundations are facilitating a dialog of all members of the educational community and are bringing together experts from the classroom, science, and school administration as a way of sharing their experiences with digital change with as many educational institutions as possible. Other partners are welcome to take part as well.
Overview of all the participating schools:
- Ernst-Reuter-Schule, Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg
- Gemeinschaftsschule in der Taus, Backnang, Baden-Württemberg
- Gewerbliche und Hauswirtschaftlich-Sozialpflegerische Schulen Emmendingen, Emmendingen, Baden-Württemberg
- Walter-Eucken-Schule, Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg
- Grundschule Altenmünster, Altenmünster, Bayern
- Johann-Turmair-Realschule, Abensberg, Bayern
- Staatliche Berufsschule II Bamberg, Bamberg, Bayern
- Gymnasium Veitshöchheim, Veitshöchheim, Bayern
- Oskar-Maria-Graf-Gymnasium Neufahrn, Neufahrn b. Freising, Bayern
- Hans-Fallada-Schule, Berlin, Berlin
- Hemingway Schule, Berlin, Berlin
- Gesamtschule mit gymnasialer Oberstufe Königs Wusterhausen der FAW gGmbH, Königs Wusterhausen, Brandenburg
- Voltaireschule Potsdam, Potsdam, Brandenburg
- Neue Oberschule Gröpelingen, Bremen, Bremen
- Oberschule Findorff, Bremen, Bremen
- Oberschule im Park, Bremen, Bremen
- Gymnasium Lerchenfeld, Hamburg, Hamburg
- Elisabethenschule, Frankfurt am Main, Hessen
- Oskar-von-Miller-Schule, Kassel, Kassel, Hessen
- Schule am Bodden Neuenkirchen, Neuenkirchen, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Georg-Christoph-Lichtenberg-Gesamtschule, Göttingen, Niedersachsen
- Waldschule Hatten, Oberschule, Haten-Sandkrug, Niedersachsen
- Europaschule Bornheim, Bornheim, Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Evangelisch Städtisches Gymnasium, Gütersloh, Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Franz-Stock-Gymnasium Arnsberg, Arnsberg, Nordrhein-Westfalen
- GGS Siegtal, Hennef, Nordrhein-Westfalen
- GS Belke-Steinbeck / Besenkamp, Enger, Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Ratsgymnasium Minden, Minden, Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Schule im FiLB, Förderschule mit dem Förderschwerpunkt geistige Entwicklung im Bereich der Berufspraxisstufe Sek. II, Gütersloh, Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Gesamtschule Xanten-Sonsbeck, Xanten, Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Max-von-Laue-Gymnasium, Koblenz, Rheinland-Pfalz
- Ganztagsschule Saarbrücken-Bellevue, Saarbrücken, Saarland
- Gymnasium Burgstädt, Burgstädt, Sachsen
- Bismarck-Gymnasium, Genthin, Sachsen-Anhalt
- Freiherr-vom-Stein Gemeinschaftsschule der Stadt Neumünster, Neumünster, Schleswig-Holstein
- rund- und Gemeinschaftsschule Scharbeutz, Scharbeutz, Schleswig-Holstein
- Theodor-Storm-Schule, Husum, Schleswig-Holstein
- Nessetalschule Warza, Staatliche Regelschule, Warza, Thüringen