Experimento in Bolivia
- Experimento launched in 2017
- Deployment in Bolivia centered on schools in Santa Cruz (Warnes and El Torno), Tarija, Yacuiba, and Entre Ríos.
- Integrated into the teacher certification program at Universidad Pedagógica
- Emphasis on cultural diversity and education for sustainable development (particularly water and hygiene)
- Implemented predominantly in primary schools
- Advanced training for around 588 educators so far
- Around 100,000* children reached
- New teaching and learning materials for health and hygiene education
In Bolivia, clean drinking water and wastewater management are becoming more important. Given the serious challenges facing the water sector (water pollution from unpurified wastewater; high rates of waterborne diseases; increasing water stress due to climate change; etc.), it is especially important that these issues are included when adapting Experimento to the conditions in Bolivia. Bolivia’s Pedagogical University and the Ministry for Environment and Water (Servicio Nacional para la Sostenibilidad de Servicios en Saneamiento Básico / SENASBA) are working together with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GIZ (German Society for International Cooperation) and the Siemens Stiftung to implement these changes.
- Integrating indigenous knowledge
Experimento is also being expanded to include indigenous knowledge and the country’s unique geography.
More information on the STEM Network, the role of individual partners, and current news and events can be found on our Spanish microsite for Experimento in Latin America.
Escuela Superior de Formación de Maestros Enrique Finot, Colegio Alemán de Santa Cruz und Academia Colombiana de Ciencias