Musicians, festival promoters, producers, and journalists from more than 40 countries will attend the Music In Africa Conference For Collaboration, Exchange And Showcases (ACCES 2018) from 15-17 November 2018, in Nairobi, Kenya.
In workshops, discussions, presentations, and networking sessions, Africa’s music sector will address topics including royalities, music streaming, distribution models, and new technology. Speakers from some of Africa’s most important music businesses and a number of live performances will ensure a thorough examination of the continent’s music industry.
Some of the speakers include:
• Eric Wainaina (Singer-Songwriter / Kenia)
• Prof. Emily Achieng’ Akuno (Technical University of Kenya / Kenia)
• Blick Bassy (Singer-Songwriter / Kamerun)
• Rikki Stein (CEO Kalakuta Sunrise Ltd / Großbritannien)
• Natalie Lukkenaer (Sauti Academy / Kenia)
• Christine Kamau (Women In Music Forum / Kenia)
• Stefanie Schumann (Delicious Tunes, Deutschland)
ACCES 2018 is presented by the Music In Africa Foundation. Goethe-Institute, Siemens Stiftung, and a number of additional regional organizations are also providing support for the conference.
The full agenda, the complete list of speakers, and additional information are available on the ACCES 2018 website: musicinafrica.net/acces
The site will also host a full report of the conference upon its conclusion.